Will I be Fat and 40

Friday 1 August 2008

July is over



OMG doesn't time fly when your having fun. And yes i have been having fun! We went to Burnham on Sea for a weeks holiday and it was fantastic. We went to Cheddar Gorge and Wookey Hole and lots of other places too. I did have to stop myself from buying a Kaftan though !!!!! Thanks for the text Tilly!!!!


Unfortunately our camera is buggered so there are no piccies this year of our hols and i can't add many onto my blog at the moment until i can get the damn thing to work.


On the knitting front I've finished Georgie's cardi and it looks great. I've also got my second embossed leaves sock back out to finish before i can start knitting something with this:-
Fab isn't it! Tis a custom order from fyberspates that Cath at Create and Knit ordered for me and then called Lottie's Desire. Sarah likes it so much she's having some too but not to knit socks with lol. It's in my 3 fav colours and the purple is divine!!

Talking of Sarah, my PIL's took the girls to the space center yesterday so i had a day off lol. So off i went to Sarah's with Jessica (named by Joel) and some fibres and had a day spinning and knitting. It was so nice to sit and chat and spin or knit and just generally relax.

I've also been on a Leaders camp (last weekend) and had a fantastic time. I met leaders from other groups and even got 3/4 of the way up the climbing tower before hyperventilating and having to be slowly let down. Next year i'm determined to do it all as i never used to be scared of heights. We did lots of things like shooting and archery and then training things like paperwork etc but it was so much fun. Great to have a camp with out the kids which meant we could bring beer!!!! I was my usual quiet self after several beers pmsl. The down side to the weekend was my lovely bites on my legs. Those of you who know me know that i tend to react badly to bites and this time was no exception, so when i got home Sunday i went to the out of hours Dr's for AB's and they are still quite painful and itchy.

Georgie is looking forward to me finishing her second sock (which i've cast on already) which is sooooooooo bright

suits her personality :0)
August is going to be busy too with me and the girls leaving my hubby for a week to go for our annual holiday to my sisters. We are off to legoland one day and the science museum another. Seems very odd having all this time off over the holidays but I'm loving it (most of the time).
Have fun folks!!!!!

1 comment:

Cinders said...

Love the colour of that skein. very nice