Will I be Fat and 40

Monday 25 August 2008

Sockfest!!!!!!

Well August has been a month of either starting and finishing socks or finishing a pair that I've had on the go for nearly 12 months. Lets start with my Embossed Leaves Socks. Now i got the book last year in September (a birthday present from my mother and step dad which took a week or two longer to arrive than expected). The book is called Favorite Socks (just click on the link. The yarn i used was given to me by KraftyKoala and dyed especially for me as a one off treat as i was having one of my "moments". So i cast it on and knitted up the first sock, not a problem till second sock syndrome hit and i just couldn't face knitting it. Anyways to cut a long story short i finally picked it back up nearly 11 months later and finished it at the beginning of this month so the finished product looks like this.
Embossed Leaves socks
Next i embarked on a pair of socks for Georgie. Her first pair of hand knitted socks that she chose the yarn for at the Hobbycraft thingie at the NEC. As they are small and just knit stitch then i managed to get them done at a super speed and she loves them. They are made from Regia 4py and they are now called Griffindor Socks.
griffindor socks
Next i decided to ignore my "Lotties Desire" which is hidden away from sight and used up some of my sock yarn stash in the drawer upstairs. So using a pattern from a supplement i received with Knit Today in the spring i set about making the Check Mate socks using Opal 6ply tiger yarn. I've shortened the cuff on the socks as i hate long cuffs unless they are over the knee socks to be honest. Well again I've managed to knit these up rather quickly and they look like this.
check mate
And now to the last pair I've been knitting this month, and no I've not finished them YET! We still have another 6 days left in August so you never know lol. However, i do go back to work tomorrow. I'm using Stashed sock yarn again. This time it's Lorna's Laces in Black Pearl colourway. I bought this around 12 months ago from Get Knitted. The Pattern I'm using is called Nutkin and it's knitting up lovely. it's such an easy pattern that even Miffy could follow. But on the second sock I'm going to play with the heel as I'm not happy with a tiny bit of it lol. anyways so far it look like this
nutkin1

it's coming along nicely but i may cast on a pair of boot socks for Alex to try to get ready for district cub camp in September. I've also still got Vlora on the go and a dishcloth made from Peaches and cream that i get from Create and Knit. So far my stash of peaches and cream is growing quicker than i can actually knit it up so I'm going to start getting down to it and knitting up the washcloths for Christmas treats.

Wonder what September is going to bring. I'm still saving for my Lendrum which I'm hoping to afford by Christmas or, at the very latest, after Christmas. I'm doing well with Jess (my lovely borrowed ashford trad which babylonglegs youngest dh named for me lol). One thing is for certain I'll be back into even numbers for my age!

No comments: